Saturday, May 2, 2009

On the Plan to Chicago (4/13/09)

I'm on the plane, hand's a bit shaky. Someday I'll type this all up and sell it for a quarter. My ears are damaged. Just watched Donnie Darko. Great movie. Plane engines falling apart left and right. Quite sad. I love the girl who plays Gretchen. My favorite part of the movie has just been entombed on the back of the Force Journal. Gretchen is upset and DOnnie tries to comfort her while listening to "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and she turns to him and softly says, "I guess some people are just born with tragedy in their blood." That line. Sums up my life. Who is born with tragic blood is not important. The fact that people are sometimes born with tragedy in their blood while some are not is chaos. Tragic chaos. I love that line.
That song is incredible as well. The drums are like my heartbeat while Ian croons a song of lost love. Connections mounting and biting in their rhythms of soft echo. I can't believe i can hear this song. Beauty. Lust. Love. Love will tear us apart. Again. I need a new journal. Muffled agony is barely visible in the masses of droning wasps that hum their firm yet soothing artist's cry.

Anonymous Hands
Anonohand

The artist's cry is going line. Thump thump thump thump GO
The glory of strangers that gaze upon this,
my book of all failures, with a sense
of ultimate innocence, not a tear
to spare from their anonymously busy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment